Paris Saint-Germain Expect Neymar to Recover in Four Weeks
Neymar was ruled out of Copa America 2019 after injuring his ankle in Brazil's 2-0 win over Qatar in a friendly on Wednesday.
Neymar is currently facing rape charges in Brazil. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: Neymar is expected to be sidelined for four weeks by the ankle injury that has ruled him out of the Copa America with Brazil, his club Paris Saint-Germain said Saturday.
Two club doctors diagnosed his injury as a "sprain of the lateral ligament" in his right ankle, adding he would not require surgery and would instead receive "conservative treatment".
Neymar was ruled out of the Copa America after hurting himself during the 2-0 win over Qatar in a friendly on Wednesday, capping a nightmare year for the world's most expensive player who faces accusations of rape which he strongly denies.
A distraught-looking Neymar covered his face with his hands as he sat on the bench after hobbling from the field in the 20th minute.
His place in the Brazil squad will be taken by Chelsea's Willian.
The four-week timeline for Neymar's recovery would see him return in time for the start of the new French season, which begins over the weekend of August 10-11.
Recommended For You
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 5: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani's Film Enters Rs 100 Crore Club
- Real Life Kraken? Giant Elusive Squid Caught on Camera by Scientists in Deep Sea
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- Fossil Sport Review: Almost the Best Wear OS Smartwatch, But Not the Best Wearable Out There
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s