Premier League: Kevin de Bruyne Gets Injured Again During Manchester City vs Tottenham
Manchester City playmaker Kevin de Bruyne’s season has been marred with injuries and he picked up a fresh one against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
Kevin de Bruyne limped off the field in the first half of Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Manchester City may have to cope without Kevin de Bruyne in their chase for the Premier League title after the Belgian limped off in the first-half of his side’s clash with Tottenham on Saturday.
De Bruyne was outstanding as City beat Spurs 4-3 in the Champions League on Wednesday with a hat-trick of assists, although the English champions still bowed out on away goals.
However, City’s player of the year last season has been beset by injury problems all campaign.
Twice De Bruyne has come back from lengthy spells on the sidelins with knee ligament injuries suffered in August and November.
City still have five more games to come this season, four in the league plus the FA Cup final against Watford.
Should Pep Guardiola’s men see off Spurs and win all five, they will claim an unprecedented domestic treble in English football.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pro Kabaddi 2019 Final HIGHLIGHTS, Dabang Delhi vs Bengal Warriors in Ahmedabad: Bengal Beat Delhi to Win Maiden Title
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right