Premier League: Norwich City Shock Manchester City 3-2
Norwich stunned Manchester City 3-2 to inflict a Premier League defeat on the English champions for the first time since January.
Norwich defeated Manchester City 3-2 (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Norwich: Newly-promoted Norwich stunned Manchester City with a 3-2 win at Carrow Road on Saturday to inflict a first Premier League defeat on the English champions since January.
Kenny McLean, Todd Cantwell and the prolific Teemu Pukki took advantage of a ragged City defence without the injured Aymeric Laporte for a remarkable upset.
Earlier, Liverpool made it five wins from five in the Premier League after coming from behind to beat Newcastle United 3-1 at Anfield, while Manchester United earned a first victory since the opening weekend of the season by beating Leicester City.
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur were much more emphatic, however, with a hat-trick from Tammy Abraham firing Frank Lampard's side to a 5-2 win at Wolverhampton Wanderers, while first-half goals gave Spurs a 4-0 win over Crystal Palace.
(With inputs from Reuters and AFP)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PM Modi Becomes Most Followed Leader with 30 Million Followers on Instagram
- Shah Rukh Khan, Jackie Chan, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jason Momoa Come Together at Film Festival
- This is The End: What is up With Fortnite And Why Are You Staring at a Blank Screen
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Karan Johar Addresses Whether Kareena, Alia Getting Paid Equally to Their Male Co-actors in Takht