Premier League: West Ham's Manuel Lanzini to Have Surgery on Fractured Collarbone
Manuel Lanzini fractured collarbone during West Ham United's 3-0 defeat by Burnley and is likely to miss the rest of the season.
Manuel Lanzini (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Manuel Lanzini is likely to be sidelined for the rest of the year after suffering a fractured collarbone during West Ham United's 3-0 defeat by Burnley in the Premier League.
The Argentine midfielder, who missed most of last season with a knee injury, fell awkwardly after being fouled by Burnley's Ashley Westwood during the closing stages of the match on Saturday.
Lanzini required oxygen and was carried off on a stretcher at Turf Moor, before the club confirmed the player would have surgery in London on Monday.
The problems continue to mount for West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini, whose team slipped to 16th. They are now without a win in their last six league matches and sit just five points above the relegation zone.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Airtel Removes FUP on Calls to Other Networks, And This is How The New Packs Look
- Vodafone Idea Prepaid Users Have 9 New Unlimited Recharge Packs to Choose From
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Day 2: Kartik-Ananya's Film Earns Rs 21.43 Cr