Reliance Foundation Young Champs Win Inaugural Vedanta Youth Cup
Reliance Foundation Young Champs defeated Bengaluru FC in the final of the Vedanta Youth Cup to be crowned inaugural champions.
Reliance Foundation Young Champs win the Vedanta Youth Cup.
Sirsaim: Reliance Foundation Young Champs beat JSW Bengaluru FC 2-1 in the final to win the inaugural Vedanta Youth Cup here on Monday.
Zidan and Nemil scored for the Young Champs while the Bengaluru side reduced the margin through captain Bekey Oram.
Tata Football Academy finished third by defeating hosts Sesa Football Academy 2-0.
Muhammed Valiyattil of the Young Champs was chosen the best player of the tournament while Jagoi Wungshungam of Tata FA got the highest scorer's award.
A brainchild of Sesa Football Academy, Vedanta Youth Cup is a tournament which brought together the best corporate football academies of India.
Annanya Agarwal, President of Sesa Football Academy, said, "Vedanta Youth Cup Goa 2019 has set a benchmark in terms of competition and youth development in the country. All the teams have delivered a stellar performance on the pitch."
Sauvick Mazumdar, CEO of Vedanta Sesa Goa Iron Ore Business, said, "We take great pride in contributing to the development of grassroots football. I would like to congratulate all the participant teams, coaches for making this event a grand success.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- CM Arvind Kejriwal Announces Mega First-of-its-Kind 'Community Diwali' in Delhi
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When