Saviour Gama Signs Contract Extension with FC Goa
Saviour Gama signed a contract extension with FC Goa that will keep the youngster with the Indian Super League franchise till 2021.
Saviour Gama signed a contract extension with FC Goa (Photo Credit: ISL)
Panaji: Saviour Gama inked a contract extension pact with Indian Super League (ISL) franchise FC Goa, it was announced Monday.
The 22-year-old left-back was one of the four players to make the step up to FC Goa's first team from Clifford Miranda's developmental squad which won the Goa Football Association (GFA) Professional League in the 2018-19 season.
Alongside Mohammad Nawaz, Liston Colaco and Princeton Rebello, Gama made the step up to senior football on the national stage, making six appearances in the ISL and the Super Cup, said a media statement which announced the contract extension.
Your Saviour is here to stay!
— FC Goa (@FCGoaOfficial) July 8, 2019
Courtesy the extension, Gama will now remain with the club till the summer of 2021.
"I'm very happy to be staying here at the club. I hope I can improve a lot more in the next two years and beyond. I've been in Goa my whole life, and was born here. It's my home," said Gama.
"He deserved this contract extension and I hope Saviour takes this opportunity to improve even further," said Derrick Pereira, Head of Youth Development and Technical Director at FC Goa.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9 Contestant Vishal Aditya Singh Says He is Not Friends with Madhurima Tuli
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?