Sheffield United Striker Oli McBurnie Charged With Drink-driving
Scottish striker Oli McBurnie is accused of driving over the limit in Leeds.
Oli McBurnie (white) moved to Sheffield United from Swansea in a £20 million deal. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Sheffield United and Scotland striker Oli McBurnie has been charged with drink-driving. The 23-year-old is accused of driving over the limit in Leeds in the early hours of Friday and will appear in court on November 6, West Yorkshire Police confirmed on Monday.
A police spokesman said: "Oli McBurnie, from Leeds, will appear before Leeds Magistrates' Court on November 6 after being charged with driving over the prescribed limit in Leeds in the early hours of Friday October 18."
McBurnie, who has eight caps for Scotland, moved to Sheffield United from Swansea in a £20 million ($26 million) deal in August.
The Blades face Arsenal at Bramall Lane in the Premier League on Monday night.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Arhaan Khan Confesses His Love for Rashami Desai, Says Want to go Back and Propose Her
- 5-Year-Old Claimed to Become 'Spider Man' after Trying Heroin, Takes It to School
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Photo of Injured Monkey
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri
- Mrunal Thakur Joins Shahid Kapoor in Jersey, Says Was Bowled Over by Film's Passionate Emotional Journey