Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup: Mohun Bagan Follow Gokulam Kerala As Indian Challenge Ends in Semis
Mohun Bagan and Gokulam Kerala lost to Terengganu FC and Chittagong Abahani Limited respectively to go out of the Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup in the semi-final.
Mohun Bagan (Photo Credit: Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup/Facebook)
Mohun Bagan lost to Terengganu FC 4-2 in the semi-final of the Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup at the M. A. Aziz Stadium in Chittagong on Tuesday.
Lee Tuck scored a hat-trick as Syafik Bin Ismail had got the Malaysian team back in the lead after Fran Gonzalez equalized twice in the second half for Mohun Bagan.
There was controversy as Mohun Bagan were denied two calls for a penalty in the first half, which were waived away by the referee.
Gokulam Kerala FC had lost 2-3 to Chittagong Abahani Limited in the first semifinal on Monday.
Henry Kisekka (29') and Marcus Joseph (80') twice gave Gokulam Kerala the lead but Didier Brossou scored a brace to force the game into extra-time.
Chittagong's Matthew Chinedu scored the winner in the 105th minute to put the host team in the final.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Gambhir Says He Was 'Contractually Bound' to Miss Delhi Pollution Meeting, Gets Trolled Yet Again
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet
- Christian Bale Opens-up on Why There Wasn't a 4th Dark Knight Film by Christopher Nolan
- Arhaan Khan Shares 'Love and Support' Note for Rashami Post Bigg Boss 13 Eviction
- Dad Details How The Noise App on Apple Watch Helped His Son With Autism