Thomas Vermaelen Signs for J-League Side Vissel Kobe
Thomas Vermaelen, whose contract expired with Barcelona, signed a deal with Japanese side Vissel Kobe.
Thomas Vermaelen will play for Japanese side Vissel Kobe (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Brussels: Belgian international defender Thomas Vermaelen became the latest high profile player to move to Japanese team Vissel Kobe, according to a report in the Belgian daily Het Laatste Nieuws.
The 33-year-old, whose contract with Barcelona has now expired, will team up with David Silva, Lucas Podolski and his former Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta.
Vermaelen, who is reported to have turned down an offer to join Vincent Kompany at Anderlecht, passed his medical and visited the club's training complex.
Vermaelen began his career at Ajax before moving on to Arsenal and Barcelona with a loan spell at Roma.
He has played 74 times for Belgium, most recently in the 3-0 Euro qualifier win against Scotland in June.
Vissel Kobe are currently 15th in the 18-team J-league.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Gulzar, Poonam Dhillon Attend Khayyam's Prayer Meet; Kapil Sharma Accused of Disrespecting Women
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?