Tottenham Hotspur Goalkeeper Undergoes Elbow Surgery, On Course to Return Early Next Year
Hugo Lloris had dislocated his elbow during Tottenham Hotspur's Premier League loss to Brighton and Hove Albion last month.
File photo of Hugo Lloris. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Tottenham Hotspur captain Hugo Lloris has had surgery on his elbow injury and remains on course to return early in the New Year, the club announced on Thursday.
The 32-year-old goalkeeper, who captained France to World Cup glory last year, suffered a dislocation to the joint when he landed awkwardly on his left arm early in the 3-0 defeat at Brighton on October 5.
The club were monitoring the problem but after specialists said his elbow remained "unstable", Lloris was put under the knife.
The surgery is not expected to lengthen his recovery time, with the club saying he is due to return to training early next year.
"Following further clinical testing and examination, Hugo Lloris has now undergone surgery on his left elbow," Spurs said in a statement on their website.
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 7, 2019
"The France goalkeeper dislocated his elbow and sustained ligament damage during our Premier League match against Brighton and Hove Albion last month.
"Surgery was advised after further reviews by specialists found the elbow remained unstable.
"Our club captain remains on course to return to training in the early part of next year."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Heartbreaking Video of Man Feeding Water to Burnt Koala is Symbol of Australia's Bushfire Crisis
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- TV Actress Accuses Jr Artist of Rape, Sidharth-Devoleena's Fight Take Romantic Turn in Bigg Boss 13
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits
- UP Power Minister Gets Prepaid Electricity Meter at Home to Set Example for Other Politicians