Two Fans Arrested for Racism During English Third-tier Football Match
Two fans of Doncaster were arrested for racism during a match at Peterborough.
Doncaster and Peterborough (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Peterborough: Two fans of English third-tier club Doncaster were arrested on suspicion of racism during a match at Peterborough on Thursday.
Peterborough, which announced the arrests in the away end, said it was working with Doncaster and police on the incident.
Doncaster said it would issue a "substantial club ban" for anyone involved in racist conduct, and would require them to undergo "educational actions" before being allowed into games again.
"As a club we abhor racism in any form," said Doncaster, which won the League One match 3-0.
The incident comes as Premier League club Tottenham continues to search for the perpetrators of racial abuse reported by Chelsea defender Antonio Ruediger in a game on Sunday. A Chelsea fan was arrested at the same game on suspicion of racially abusing Tottenham forward Son Heung-min.
The Professional Footballers' Association has called for a government-led inquiry into racism in English football.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan Opens up on Divorce with Amrita Singh and Its Impact on Sara, Ibrahim
- We're Underestimating Audience by Labelling Films As Feminist, Women-centric: Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
- Got Your Windows 10 For Free? German Govt Didn’t, And Will Cost Them $887,000
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it
- Thailand Masters: Indian Campaign Over on Day 1 as Saina, Srikanth, Sameer and Prannoy Lose in Round 1