Wilfried Zaha Reveals Racist Abuse After Arsenal Penalty Row
"For all the people taking it one step further and being racist and wishing death on my family I wish you and your families the best too x p.s my life is still very good despite your hate."
Wilfried Zaha claims he suffered racist abuse and threats to his family after he won a controversial penalty in Crystal Palace's 2-2 draw against Arsenal.
Palace forward Zaha was clipped by Granit Xhaka in the closing minutes of Sunday's Premier League clash, with Luka Milivojevic converting the spot-kick to end Arsenal's 11-match winning run.
Following the match, Arsenal defender Xhaka said he thought the incident had been a "clear penalty".
But Ivory Coast international Zaha once again found himself accused of diving by fans on the internet, following several previous high-profile claims that he was guilty of simulation.
Zaha took to social media to defend himself, but subsequently revealed in a post on Instagram on Tuesday that the abuse had escalated.
"For all the people taking it one step further and being racist and wishing death on my family I wish you and your families the best too x p.s my life is still very good despite your hate," Zaha wrote.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Gayle - Jovial and Fun-loving Everywhere, Firm With Youngsters
- Director Anubhav Sinha Writes Open Letter Ahead of Article 15 Release
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya Look Adorable in These Vacation Pics
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s