Ferrari's Vettel, Raikkonen Top Final Austrian GP Practice
Formula One leader Nico Rosberg crashed and caused the session to be red-flagged for 10 minutes.
File photo of Sebastian Vettel driving his Ferrari.
Spielberg: Sebastian Vettel led Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen by a narrow margin to top the final practice for the Austrian Grand Prix on Saturday, while Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg crashed heavily.
Rosberg's crash caused the session to be red-flagged for 10 minutes. Rosberg was unhurt but his Mercedes was badly damaged ahead of qualifying later Saturday.
Rosberg hit a curb, spun around and hit the barrier, his left rear wheel suspension apparently damaged. His fastest lap before the crash ended up being the slowest in the 22-car field.
Four-time champion Vettel was 0.136 seconds faster than Raikkonen. But Vettel will be dropped five slots on the starting grid because of an unscheduled gearbox change.
Two-time series defending champion Lewis Hamilton was third in his Mercedes, 0.210 seconds behind Vettel.
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen were next.
Rosberg has won the Austrian GP for the last two years since it returned to the schedule and leads Hamilton by 24 points after winning five races this season.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Google Has Five News Apps And Games That Are All About Reducing Your Screen Time
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked