A House for Dr Sharma, After Kovind Moves to Rashtrapati Bhavan
Sharma is a Lok Sabha MP from Noida whose personal residence on the Delhi-Noida border is just 10 km from Parliament House. So quite naturally, whenever there is an accommodation crunch in the party, one turns to Mahesh Sharma.
File photo of Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Chandra Sharma (Image: PTI)
As President elect Ram Nath Kovind shifts to Rashtrapati Bhavan on Tuesday afternoon, Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma will finally have his house to himself. Kovind had moved into Sharma's official residence at 10, Akbar Road after being nominated by BJP as its President pick.
It is not the first time Sharma has had to shift to accommodate the President of India. He was allocated 10 Rajaji Marg after former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death.
The double storey heritage building was however chosen by the outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee as his post retirement abode. So Sharma decided to shift base to the Akbar Road bungalow of former Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, who returned to Panjim as Goa Chief Minister earlier this year.
And just when Sharma thought he had settled down in the Lutyens' Bungalow on Akbar Road, he had to make way for Kovind for almost a month.
Sharma is a Lok Sabha MP from Noida whose personal residence on the Delhi-Noida border is just 10 km from Parliament House.
So quite naturally, whenever there is an accommodation crunch in the party, one turns to Mahesh Sharma.
Recommended For You
- India vs Pakistan: PCB Raises Objection Against Star Sports Commercial for Big Game
- It is Not Just a Cricket World Cup Match Between India and Pakistan. It is Something More.
- Fact Check: Did ‘Game of Thrones’ Copy Arya Stark Slaying the Night King Sequence from an Indian Show?
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Meet the Sufi Singer Who Wants to Mix Rap with Her Music
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s