New Faces to Fight Didi's Demonetisation War on TV
TMC has expanded its team of media managers to voice its opposition to note ban in TV debates.
West Bengal Chief Minster Mamata Banerjee addresses a protest rally against demonetization at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi on November 23. (Photo: Rakesh Negi)
After Parliament, the Trinamool Congress is all set to take on the BJP in television studios. The party has appointed four more spokespersons to voice its staunch opposition to demonetisation in news channel debates.
The four appointees will join the party's existing team of media managers led by Rajya Sabha MP Derek O'Brien.
And reflecting party supremo Mamata Banerjee's Delhi ambition, the new picks have been made keeping in mind the Hindi viewership. "We get about a dozen requests everyday from news channels," says a TMC leader.
The new entrants in the team include Saugata Roy and Dinesh Trivedi(both with good command over Hindi) former Congress West Bengal chief Manas Bhuiyan (who recently joined TMC) and Nirbed Roy, another former Congress leader. The party earlier had four national spokespersons — Kalyan Banerjee, Kakoli Ghosh, Mahua Moitra and Sukhendu Shekhar Roy.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Shows How to Slay in a Flame Shirt-dress this Summer
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Colin de Grandhomme is Our X-Factor: Williamson
- Kota Girl Does The Impossible, Cracks All Major Competitive Exams in India
- Can You Trust Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency? Initial Regulatory Indicators Aren’t Exactly Positive
- Xiaomi Sells More Than 100,000 Mi TVs in Just 9 Minutes During 618 Sales in China
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s