Nirmala Sitharaman Is A Rebel
Sources close to Nirmala Sitharaman say that she has made it clear that the Prime Minister made her Defence Minister “for a purpose” and hence, she won’t hesitate to “break some protocols”.
File photo of Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Nirmala Sitharaman refuses to be a showpiece minister. Having broken the glass ceiling and becoming the first full-fledged Defence Minister, she is determined to show her rebel colours from her days at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). When Sitharaman took over as a cabinet minister, she was initially briefed about the protocol which comes with her post. She refused to be caged in and decided to overcome resistance and do what she wants to. Sources close to her say that she has made it clear that the Prime Minister made her Defence Minister “for a purpose” and hence, she won’t hesitate to “break some protocols”. No, she isn’t bothered about the criticisms.
Recommended For You
- Feel For You Shikhar, Says Tendulkar: Backs Replacement Pant to Shine
- Fans Want to Replace Donald Trump's Star with Carrie Fisher's on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Dogs Trained by Researchers Detect Lung Cancer with Almost 100 Percent Accuracy
- Ranveer Singh Gets Legal Notice from WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar's Advocate Paul Heyman
- Marvel President Kevin Feige Says Keanu Reeves was Approached for Almost Every MCU Movie
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s