Nirmala Sitharaman Is A Rebel
Sources close to Nirmala Sitharaman say that she has made it clear that the Prime Minister made her Defence Minister “for a purpose” and hence, she won’t hesitate to “break some protocols”.
File photo of Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Nirmala Sitharaman refuses to be a showpiece minister. Having broken the glass ceiling and becoming the first full-fledged Defence Minister, she is determined to show her rebel colours from her days at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). When Sitharaman took over as a cabinet minister, she was initially briefed about the protocol which comes with her post. She refused to be caged in and decided to overcome resistance and do what she wants to. Sources close to her say that she has made it clear that the Prime Minister made her Defence Minister “for a purpose” and hence, she won’t hesitate to “break some protocols”. No, she isn’t bothered about the criticisms.
Recommended For You
- 22nd September 1986: India and Australia Play Out the Second-Ever Tied Test
- Bigg Boss 12 Day 5 Written Updates: Karanvir Bohra’s Modesty Leads Him Into Trouble
- Ashley Judd on Being Raped: I Only Told My Diary
- The Dhoni Slayer! Hong Kong’s Ehsan Khan Basks in Afterglow of Standout Moment of Career
- Apple iPhone XS Max Review: The Best iPhone, Ever. Period.