RJD MLAs Vent After Losing Power in a Matter of Minutes
One of the MLAs said time has come to test Nitish’s DNA, another legislator said “Nitish should be crowned as serial betrayal”.
File photos of RJD chief Lalu Yadav (left) and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
RJD leaders started pouring in at Lalu Prasad Yadav’s 10 Circular Road residence soon after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s resignation.
They looked dejected as 20 months of power, after a 15-year hiatus, ended within minutes. Many of the leaders verbally attacked Nitish. One of the MLAs said time has come to test Nitish’s DNA, another legislator said “Nitish should be crowned as serial betrayal”.
The DNA comment refers to the controversy erupted during the Assembly election campaign in 2015, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in a rally that "there seems to be problem with Nitish Kumar's DNA". He was referring to Nitish's frequent changes in his political allegiance.
Another RJD legislator remembered how Nitish had linked PM's remark with an insult to 'Bihari Asmita'. "Now who is selling this Asmita," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amy Jackson Blessed with a Baby Boy, Actress Shares Adorable Family Picture
- Ranbir Kapoor's Cousin Aadar Jain, Tara Sutaria Papped Post Dinner, Fuel Dating Rumours
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships