The Trek Up Raisina Hill Proved Elusive for this Hopeful
Whom will Modi ji pick for the race to Raisina Hill? Media speculation has not been of much help.
File photo of Rashtrapati Bhavan. (Reuters)
The suspense was building. Whom will Modi ji pick for the race to Raisina Hill? Media speculation has not been of much help. And anyways, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP President Amit Shah have made a spectator sport of proving journalists wrong.
So, at the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting on June 19 to finalise the nominee for the Presidential elections, everyone present was as surprised by the final choice as you and me.
Among the hopefuls was a senior minister from the South who has been fancying his chances as the next President or, at least, Vice-President. An insider said that as soon as PM Modi began speaking this minister’s face fell. The PM said no member from the current pool of ministers can be spared for the top job. With only two more years left for the next general elections the PM said he wants all hands on the deck.
The dejected minister later poured out his sorrow - in which language we don't know, our protagonist speaks quite a few - to an opposition leader. "I wanted to move to a constitutional post, but it seems tough now," was what he apparently said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football