To Ward Off Didi's Attacks, BJP Fields Its Own Bengal Tigers
'Didi is behaving like a mother-in-law and treating the PM like a daughter-in-law.'
File photo of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. (Image: PTI)
When she gets going Mamata Banerjee can be relentless. Whether it's in smelling a conspiracy over a delay in her flight landing, or in suspecting a "coup" in a routine Army exercise, Didi can produce some booming serves out of, well, nowhere.
The ruling BJP knows this now going to get more hectic. Mamata has seen the big vacuum in the main Opposition space in Delhi and is out to grab it ahead of 2019. And as she sets her eyes on centrecourt, the charges are going to fly thick and fast. So to handle that, the party is frantically looking for someone who speaks her language. Literally.
So far the task of guarding the Gujarat lion from the incessant clawing of the Bengal tigress has fallen on Babul Supriyo and Roopa Ganguly. The two can be spotted in Parliament premises urgently exchanging notes on "Didi ki boleche " (what has Mamata Di said now). And they are trying to give it back bengo for bengo, naara for naara.
"Didi shashuri bhaabh korche .. PM bouma and shobh kharaap oor modde (Didi is behaving like a mother-in-law and treating the PM like a daughter-in-law who can never do anything right)," said one of the BJP netas from West Bengal.
Will the duo be able to contain Didi? Too early to say. But as of of now, if your CV reads Bengali and anti-Mamata, your career in the BJP is due for a few double promotions.
Recommended For You
- Why Meryl Streep is the Perfect Arch-nemesis of Monterey Five in Big Little Lies
- Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency is Already Facing A Global Financial And Regulatory Pushback
- I Support Kangana All Through, Says Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina
- Anushka Sharma Joins Virat Kohli in London Ahead of India-Afghanistan Clash at The Rose Bowl
- Support Pours in From Music Industry After Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s