Bhubaneswar to Host India's Home Matches in Hockey Pro League
The second edition of the Hockey Pro League will be played between January 11 and June 28.
Representative Image for Hockey (Photo Credit: Reuters)
New Delhi: Bhubaneswar will host India's home matches during the 2020 Hockey Pro League, the sport's governing body announced on Monday.
The second edition of the Hockey Pro League will be played between January 11 and June 28, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) said in a statement.
Bhubaneswar has become a hockey hub in India and has been hosting a majority of tournaments, the most recent being the Olympic qualifiers.
The Pro League will feature 144 matches in the coming season.
Australia's home matches will be played in Perth and Sydney, while England will be playing its share in London.
The first match will feature the Netherlands and China on January 11, 2020 at the Wujin Hockey Stadium in Changzhou.
Argentina: Buenos Aires, San Miguel de Tucuman
Australia: Perth, Sydney
Germany: Mnchengladbach, Hamburg, Berlin
Great Britain: London
The Netherlands: Utrecht, Rotterdam, Hertogenbosch, Amsterdam
New Zealand: Christchurch, Auckland
USA: North Carolina
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband
- Shah Rukh Khan Signs His Next Film with Aashiq Abu?
- Bigg Boss 13: Sidharth Shukla Hospitalised Following Worsening Health Conditions Due to Typhoid
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'