Teen apprehended for stealing money from temple donation box in Shamli
He told the police that he wanted to use the money to buy an Android phone, says Station House Officer Sandeep Balyan.
Image for Representation
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old has been apprehended in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli district for allegedly stealing money from a temple's donation box, police said on Monday.
The boy was arrested on Sunday, a day after he stole the money from the donation box at a Hanuman temple in Thanabhawan town, they said. He told the police that he wanted to use the money to buy an Android phone, Station House Officer Sandeep Balyan said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Chris Hemsworth Delivers Iconic 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Dialogue, Wins Hearts of Indian Fans
- Woman Tweets to UP Police to Save Her from Eve-Teasers on Bus, Cops' Swift Response Wins Intenet
- Coronavirus And Superspreaders: Humans Can Carry And Transmit COVID-19 Without Symptoms
- 'Wearing Six-Inch Heels Liberates Women,' Says Inventor of the Louboutin
- Netflix is Now Listing Top 10 Most Viewed Movies And TV Shows in India