1 Killed, 4 Injured as KSRTC Bus Catches Fire
A 58-year-old woman was killed and four others sustained injuries when a Karnataka State Transport Corporation (KSRTC) bus caught fire in the outskirts of the city.
A photograph of the bus on fire
Bengaluru: A 58-year-old woman was killed and four others sustained injuries when a Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) bus caught fire in the outskirts of the city.
The four injured are admitted to a hospital, with the condition of one of them is said to be critical.
The KSRTC has promised to take care of all medical expenses of the injured and has announced Rs 3 lakh compensation to the deceased’s family.
The bus was returning from Chikmagalur to Bengaluru and the incident occurred around 1am on Tuesday. According to KSRTC, the driver noticed the fire at the back of the bus and immediately pulled over and asked the people to evacuate, in the process of which the death occurred.
KSRTC officials have ruled out any speculation of short circuit caused the fire. They have asked the state forensic department to look into the issue.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Healthy Gameplay System Error Fixed, With an Apology for Shutting Out Gamers in India
- Lok Sabha Elections: 87,000 WhatsApp Groups Will Bombard Voters With Messages, But How Many Are Linked to Political Parties?
- No National Award for 'Manikarnika' Will Question Their Credibility: Kangana Ranaut
- Best & Worst Dressed Bollywood Divas at 64th Filmfare Awards 2019
- Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner Bring Back '2000s Bucket Hat Trend
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s