1 Killed, 4 Injured as KSRTC Bus Catches Fire
A 58-year-old woman was killed and four others sustained injuries when a Karnataka State Transport Corporation (KSRTC) bus caught fire in the outskirts of the city.
A photograph of the bus on fire
Bengaluru: A 58-year-old woman was killed and four others sustained injuries when a Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) bus caught fire in the outskirts of the city.
The four injured are admitted to a hospital, with the condition of one of them is said to be critical.
The KSRTC has promised to take care of all medical expenses of the injured and has announced Rs 3 lakh compensation to the deceased’s family.
The bus was returning from Chikmagalur to Bengaluru and the incident occurred around 1am on Tuesday. According to KSRTC, the driver noticed the fire at the back of the bus and immediately pulled over and asked the people to evacuate, in the process of which the death occurred.
KSRTC officials have ruled out any speculation of short circuit caused the fire. They have asked the state forensic department to look into the issue.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Many People Said 'Shaadi Ke Baad Kuch Nahi Hoga' But I Challenged the Perception: Kareena Kapoor
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles