1 Priest Killed, Another Hurt for Preventing Robbers from Looting Tamil Nadu Temple
Malayan (70) and Balasubramani (59) of Bootha Narayana Swamy Temple tried to prevent the gang from looting the money when the robbers attacked them with a steel rod and fled the scene.
Theni: A priest was killed and another was injured allegedly by a masked robber-gang for preventing it from looting a temple hundial at Suruli, near here, police said Saturday.
The priests of Bootha Narayana Swamy Temple, sleeping in the temple on Friday midnight, woke up to a loud noise and saw two masked men trying to break the hundial, the police said.
Malayan (70) and Balasubramani (59) tried to prevent the gang from looting the money when the robbers attacked them with a steel rod and fled the scene, they said.
Malayan died on the spot while Balasubramani sustained serious injuries and was hospitalised, they said.
A case was registered and a hunt was on to catch the culprits. A sniffer dog was pressed into service.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- KTM 790 Duke Launched in India at Rs 8.64 Lakh
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood