10 Arrested for Alleged Cow Slaughter in UP's Gonda District
Around 50 kg meat, a knife, a weighing balance and measuring weights were also recovered from them. Police suspect the seized meat includes beef.
Image for representation.
Gonda: Police have arrested 10 people for alleged cow slaughter in Uttar Pradesh's Gonda district and seized around 50 kg meat from their possession, an official said on Sunday.
The accused were nabbed from agricultural fields in Sisai Joga village under Katra Bazar police station limits on Saturday night, said Superintendent of Police Raj Karan Nayyar.
Acting on a tip-off, police reached the spot and arrested Hamid, Abdul Wajid, Abdul Kahlique, Abdul Majeed, Abdul Shahid, Raheen Ahmed, Qadir, Shabir Khan, Bihari Lal and Lallan Pandey, the SP said.
Around 50 kg meat, a knife, a weighing balance and measuring weights were also recovered from them, he said. Police suspect the seized meat includes beef.
A case has been registered against the 10 accused under the UP Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act and an investigation is underway, the SP said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan and Her Father Take Dig at Rising Onion Prices, Watch Hilarious Video
- Chhapaak Trailer: Deepika's Traumatic Journey as Acid Attack Survivor Will Give You Goosebumps
- Sara Ali Khan Almost Trips Dancing to Dheeme Dheeme, Kartik Aaryan Comes to Rescue
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway