10 Coaches of Ranikhet Express Derails in Jaisalmer, Many Injured
Several passengers injured after ten coaches of Ranikhet Express were derailed at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan late on Friday night.
New Delhi: Several passengers injured after ten coaches of Ranikhet Express were derailed in Jaisalmer late on Friday night.
No casualties have been reported and a medical team has reached the spot to treat the injured passengers.
10 Coaches of Ranikhet Express train derailed in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan late last night. No Casualty/ injury reported so far. pic.twitter.com/JY2aLBGHy1
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 20, 2017
The exact cause of derailment is yet to be known but preliminary inquiry revealed that the mishap happened reportedly due to faulty railway track.
Ministry of Railways issued a statement, which reads, "Train No 15014 Kath Godham-Jaisalmer Express derailed with 10 coaches between Thayat Hamira-Jaisalmer at 23.16hrs (11:16PM)."
TV footage from the scene showed toppled coaches off the tracks.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Kylie Jenner Joins Celery Juice Craze After Sister Kim Kardashian, Here's How it Benefits Your Body
- 17th February 2005: Ponting Stars, Kiwis go Retro in First-ever T20I
- Vicky Kaushal on Pulwama Attack: It Should Not be Forgiven and Forgotten
- Real-Life Rare Black Panther Found Near 'Wakanda' May Not Be The First Sighting In 100 Years
- TVS Launches Kargil Edition of Star City+, Tribute to Indian Soldiers
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s