10 Electrocuted in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri, Condition Now Stable
Deaths were averted as the power connection in the wire got disconnected as soon as it snapped.
Image for representation only.
Jalpaiguri (West Bengal): Ten people were electrocuted after they came in contact with a high tension wire in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district on Friday, police said.
Their condition is stable, the police said. The incident occurred at Mainaguri block's Uller Dabri area on Friday afternoon when they were boarding a Siliguri-bound private bus and a 11,000 volt overhead wire snapped and fell on them, Mainaguri police said.
Deaths were averted as the power connection in the wire got disconnected as soon as it snapped, he said. Five of the injured have been shifted to Siliguri super-specialty hospital, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Did a Chinese Novel Predict Coronavirus 40 Years Ago? 'Wuhan-400' Leaves Twitter Baffled
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Snapped with The Great Khali at Airport, See Pic
- Air India Offering Discounted Flight Tickets at Just Rs 799, International Airfare at Rs 4,500
- Watch: RPF Officers Hailed for Saving Two Passengers on the Same Day in Odisha and Mumbai
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha