10 Electrocuted in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri, Condition Now Stable
Deaths were averted as the power connection in the wire got disconnected as soon as it snapped.
Image for representation only.
Jalpaiguri (West Bengal): Ten people were electrocuted after they came in contact with a high tension wire in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district on Friday, police said.
Their condition is stable, the police said. The incident occurred at Mainaguri block's Uller Dabri area on Friday afternoon when they were boarding a Siliguri-bound private bus and a 11,000 volt overhead wire snapped and fell on them, Mainaguri police said.
Deaths were averted as the power connection in the wire got disconnected as soon as it snapped, he said. Five of the injured have been shifted to Siliguri super-specialty hospital, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it