10 Injured as Toy Train Derails Near Darjeeling
At least 10 persons, including the driver, were injured on Tuesday when the engine and two coaches of a toy train derailed in Darjeeling district.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: AFP )
Darjeeling/Guwahati: At least 10 persons, including the driver, were injured on Tuesday when the engine and two coaches of a toy train derailed in Darjeeling district.
The toy train was going from Darjeeling to Siliguri when the accident occurred between Kurseong and Mahanadi at around 3.25 PM, North East Frontier Railway officials said in Guwahati.
West Bengal: Toy train of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway derailed in Kurseong, five injured. pic.twitter.com/wgCMMOI053
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 10, 2017
T Bhutia, director of Darjeeling Himalayan Railway that runs the toy train service, said in Darjeeling that 10 persons including the driver were injured in the accident and all of them have been admitted to Kurseong hospital.
Rest of the passengers were sent to their destination by road from Kurseong, which is around 32 km from Darjeeling town.
The wheels of the diesel engine jumped the tracks while passing a turn near Paglajhora and two coaches also derailed thereafter, Bhutia said.
Railway engineers reached the spot to ascertain the cause of the accident, he said.
Recommended For You
- Stan Lee’s Creations were Humans First and Superheroes Later
- ATK’s Komal Thatal Called Up For Indian Team Camp Ahead of Jordan Friendly
- Avengers 4: Will Thanos Snap Again or Doctor Strange will Figure Out a Solution?
- Samsung W2019 Flip Phone With Two 4.2-Inch S-AMOLED Touch Displays Launched
- Apple's Asia Suppliers Struggle With Falling Share Prices, Amid Fears of Weak iPhone Sales