10 Injured as Toy Train Derails Near Darjeeling
At least 10 persons, including the driver, were injured on Tuesday when the engine and two coaches of a toy train derailed in Darjeeling district.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: AFP )
Darjeeling/Guwahati: At least 10 persons, including the driver, were injured on Tuesday when the engine and two coaches of a toy train derailed in Darjeeling district.
The toy train was going from Darjeeling to Siliguri when the accident occurred between Kurseong and Mahanadi at around 3.25 PM, North East Frontier Railway officials said in Guwahati.
West Bengal: Toy train of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway derailed in Kurseong, five injured. pic.twitter.com/wgCMMOI053— ANI (@ANI_news) January 10, 2017
T Bhutia, director of Darjeeling Himalayan Railway that runs the toy train service, said in Darjeeling that 10 persons including the driver were injured in the accident and all of them have been admitted to Kurseong hospital.
Rest of the passengers were sent to their destination by road from Kurseong, which is around 32 km from Darjeeling town.
The wheels of the diesel engine jumped the tracks while passing a turn near Paglajhora and two coaches also derailed thereafter, Bhutia said.
Railway engineers reached the spot to ascertain the cause of the accident, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Realme X50 Pro 5G Goes on Sale From Rs 37,999 And is The First 5G Phone in India
- 'I've Got to be a Macho Man': The Song That Played at Motera Stadium to Welcome Trump and Modi
- Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan Get Emotional Seeing Daughter Shweta Organise Her Fashion Show
- On Sridevi's 2nd Death Anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor Shares Throwback Pic with an Emotional Note
- The Samsung Galaxy A71 is Now on Sale For Rs 29,999; Prism Crush Blue Looks Quite Cool