11 Killed, 22 Hurt After Patna-bound Bus Rams into Trailer Truck in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh
Seven men and one child were among those who died on the spot. The bus was going to Masauree in Patna district from Ranchi.
Image for representation.
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand) Eleven persons, including three women and a child, were killed and 22 others injured Monday when a Patna-bound bus hit an iron-laden stationary trailer truck on NH-2 in Hazaribagh district, police said.
The accident took place at dawn near Danua-Bhanua area under Chouparan Police Station limits, when the bus crashed into the trailer-truck from behind, Hazaribagh Deputy Commissioner Ravi Shankar Shukla told the media.
"Eight persons died on the spot, while three others succumbed to injuries in the hospital," Shukla said, adding the driver was among the deceased.
Seven men and one child died on the spot, while three others died at Chouparan hospital. The bus was travelling to Masauree in Patna district from Ranchi, he said.
The rest of the 22 injured were referred to Hazaribagh Sadar Hospital from Chouparan hospital. Among them, three injured were referred to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi for better treatment, the police officer said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das expressed grief over the deaths and wished speedy recovery to the injured.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day