10-Year-Old Girl Crushed Under Ferris Wheel in Andhra’s Anantapur After Operator 'Ignores' Warning
The horrific accident, which was caught on camera, was caused when a bolt in the floor of the trolley they were sitting in came loose.
Hyderabad: A 10-year-old girl was crushed under a giant Ferris wheel at a fun fair in Andhra Pradesh’s Anantapur district on Sunday night. Six others, including three children, were also injured in the freak accident in Junior College grounds.
The horrific accident, which was caught on camera, was caused when a bolt in the floor of the trolley they were sitting in came loose. The floor gave away and all its occupants fell to the ground. The girl identified as Amrutha was caught between the ground and one of the trolleys.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital and undergoing treatment.
Media reports quoted eyewitnesses as saying that some people had alerted the operator to the loose bolt, but he failed to act quickly. Reports added that after the accident, an angry mob thrashed him and handed him over to the police.
The district administration ordered an inquiry into the accident.
Recommended For You
- Fan Shares Akshay Kumar’s Picture from 1997, His Response is Winning the Internet
- Alia Bhatt to be a Sabyasachi Bride on Her Wedding to Beau Ranbir Kapoor: Report
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family
- Was a Brazil Priest Really Pushed Off Stage for Saying 'Fat Women Can't Go to Heaven'?