10-year-old Girl Raped by Cousin While Going to School in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu
The victim's medical examination has been conducted at regional hospital Kullu and the report is still awaited.
Shimla: A 10-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her cousin in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu district on Wednesday, police said. The incident took place when the girl was going to school, Kullu Superintendent of Police Gaurav Singh said.
A case has been registered against the accused under section 376AB (punishment for rape on woman under 12 years of age) of the Indian Penal Code and sections 4 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at a women police station on the victim's statement, he said.
The accused, a Class 10 student, is a child in conflict with law (not completed 18 years of age), Singh said. Following the incident, the accused fled the spot, the SSP said. The victim's medical examination has been conducted at regional hospital Kullu and the report is still awaited, he said.
Investigation in the case is underway, Singh said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 75 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Hindustani Bhau on Weekend Ka Vaar
- Pulkit Samrat, Kriti Kharbanda Are Painting Social Media Red with Romantic Pics
- Samsung Clarifies They Have Not Sold 1 Million Galaxy Fold Smartphones, Yet
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- Not Jewellery or Recipe, this Michigan Family’s Heirloom is a 141-year-old Fruitcake