10-Year-old Girl Killed After Portion of Building Collapses in Mumbai's Khar
The child was trapped when a part of a staircase of the residential building, located near Khar Gymkhana, came crashing down, the police said.
The building has been vacated by the authorities and a National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team has been rushed to the spot.
New Delhi: A 10-year-old girl was killed after after a portion of a five-storey building collapsed in suburban Khar on Tuesday afternoon.
The building was vacated by authorities and a National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team rushed to the spot to evacuate those trapped in the debris.
The girl, identified as Mahi Motvani, was trapped when a part of a staircase of the residential building, located near Khar Gymkhana, came crashing down, said the police.
Motvani, rescued at 4.40 pm, was rushed to the Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai where she was declared dead upon arrival.
Four fire engines along with rescue vans, an ambulance, local civic officials, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and police personnel were at the spot.
(With inputs from PTI)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it