11 'Illegal' Bangladeshi Migrants Detained in Gujarat, to be Deported Back
The detainees had failed to provide any documents supporting their Indian nationality, Police said, adding that they are investigating if they were involved in any criminal activity.
Representative Image of Pakistan migrants. (Reuters)
Ahmedabad: As many as 11 Bangladeshi nationals who were living in the city illegally were detained here on Saturday, police said.
The Special Operations Group of the Gujarat police said it detained 11 persons from a settlement near Chandola Lake in Ishanpur here.
The police will now initiate the process to deport them to Bangladesh, SOG assistant commissioner of police BC Solanki said.
"The 11 Bangladeshi nationals lived here illegally and worked as labourers. They have been detained and we will initiate the process to deport them," Solanki said.
The detainees had failed to provide any documents supporting their Indian nationality, he said, adding that the police are investigating if they were involved in any criminal activity.
The men were detained after the SOG formed two teams to find them following instructions from the police commissioner, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Meet the Real 'Basement Dwellers' in South Korea Depicted in Oscar-Winning 'Parasite'
- Mohun Bagan Fined Rs 3 Lakh, Asked to Clear Dues to 4 Ex-players and Former Coach Khalid Jamil
- Bigg Boss 13 Runner-up Asim Riaz Shares How Himanshi Khurana is Special to Him
- The Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband is Good Enough to Deserve a Complete Review
- Coronavirus Scare Has People Searching For Answers; Google Lists The Common Questions