11 MNREGA Labourers Killed as Mound of Mud Buries Them Alive in Telangana
Over 25 people were working at the site when a huge quantity of mud fell on them, following which they were buried alive. So far, 11 bodies have been extracted.
Image for representation.
Hyderabad: Eleven labourers including several women working under the MNREGA scheme were killed when a huge mound of mud fell on them at a worksite in Telangana’s Narayanpet district on Wednesday.
Over 25 people were working at the site when a huge quantity of mud fell on them, following which they were buried alive.
Rescue operations were immediately carried out when the incident was informed to the district officials. So far, 11 bodies have been extracted.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao expressed deep shock and anguish over the incident which he described as "unfortunate". He instructed the officials concerned to provide all necessary care to those injured.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?