11 Tribal Children Take Ill After Being Given Folic Acid at Maharashtra Anganwadi
The children started vomiting after being administered the folic acid, and the health department's probe reveals that the cause could be excess dose on an empty stomach.
Thane: Eleven tribal children took ill after they were given a dose of folic acid at an Anganwadi (government-run child care centre) at Sogaon in Thane district of Maharashtra, an official said on Wednesday.
Shahpur tehsildar (revenue official) Ravindra Baviskar said that after taking the dose, the children started vomiting.
Five of them were shifted to Shahpur rural hospital and were undergoing treatment, he said.
The health department was probing the cause of illness which could have been excess dose or taking it on empty stomach, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser