11 Who Attended Kanika Kapoor's Party in Kanpur Test Negative for Coronavirus
Chief Medical Officer Ashok Shukla said samples were collected on Friday and Saturday and the test results came out on Sunday. The results of the other guests are awaited.
Image courtesy: Instagram/Kanika Kapoor
Kanpur: Eleven of the 56 people who had come in close contact with Kanika Kapoor at a party in Kanpur days before the Bollywood singer tested positive for the novel coronavirus were found to be not infected by the virus, a senior official said here on Sunday.
Kanpur District Magistrate Brahma Deo Ram Tiwari said the 56 people had attended a "house warming party" hosted by her maternal uncle Vipul Tandon on March 13.
Chief Medical Officer Ashok Shukla said samples were collected on Friday and Saturday and the test results came out on Sunday.
Eleven, including Tandon, have tested negative and the results of the rest are awaited, Shukla said.
Kapoor had stayed at Tandon's house for nearly three hours, officials said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Guess Who Keanu Reeves Credits For Raising 'John Wick' Bar
- Mohammad Kaif Gives a 'Handy' Tip to Avoid Catching Coronavirus With Natwest Series Clip
- OnePlus 8 Gets A+ Rating by DisplayMate, 120Hz Refresh Rate Expected
- Apple iPhone 11 Now Reportedly Cheaper by Rs 17,000 in China — Will India Follow Suit?
- Zoom Video Conferencing and its Unending Privacy and Security Issues: The Full Timeline