11-Year-Old Raped in UP's Unnao, Bludgeoned to Death With Bricks
The girl, who was sleeping outside her house, was found missing when her father woke up in the middle of the night.
Image for representation.
A 11-year-old girl was raped and murdered in Uttar Pradesh's Unnao district. The incident took place on Friday in Safipur police circle. The girl, who was sleeping outside her house, was found missing when her father woke up in the middle of the night.
"Initially, I thought that she might have gone to nearby fields to answer nature's call. However, when she did not return for long, I along with my family and neighbours launched a search and found my daughter's body lying in an orchard. Her head was badly crushed with bricks," he said.
The girl's naked body was found later which bore injury marks around her neck and private parts.
Unnao Superitendent of Police M P Verma said that a case of rape and murder under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) has been registered. He said teams had been formed to arrest the accused and the body had been sent for post mortem.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- UK is Investing Billions in Supercomputers, For Weather, Storm Prediction, AI And More
- Watch: Chunks of Ice Dropped into Deep Holes Sound Like Laser Guns, Twitter Can't Get Enough
- Air India Offering Discounted Flight Tickets at Just Rs 799, International Airfare at Rs 4,500
- WATCH: Passenger Plane Etihad Airbus A380 Lands Sideways in London, Heart-stopping Clip Goes Viral