11-Year-Old Raped in UP's Unnao, Bludgeoned to Death With Bricks
The girl, who was sleeping outside her house, was found missing when her father woke up in the middle of the night.
Image for representation.
A 11-year-old girl was raped and murdered in Uttar Pradesh's Unnao district. The incident took place on Friday in Safipur police circle. The girl, who was sleeping outside her house, was found missing when her father woke up in the middle of the night.
"Initially, I thought that she might have gone to nearby fields to answer nature's call. However, when she did not return for long, I along with my family and neighbours launched a search and found my daughter's body lying in an orchard. Her head was badly crushed with bricks," he said.
The girl's naked body was found later which bore injury marks around her neck and private parts.
Unnao Superitendent of Police M P Verma said that a case of rape and murder under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) has been registered. He said teams had been formed to arrest the accused and the body had been sent for post mortem.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know