12 Deer Found Dead in Chhattigsarh Forest, Water Poisoning Suspected
The incident happened at Mohlai village in Keregaon forest range, around 100 kilometres from state capital Raipur, and it is suspected that the animals died due to water poisoning, a forest official said
Photo fro representation.
Dhamtari: Twelve deer were found dead near a water body in Chhattigsarh's Dhamtari district on Saturday, a forest official said.
The incident happened at Mohlai village in Keregaon forest range, around 100 kilometres from state capital Raipur, and it is suspected that the animals died due to water poisoning, said Amitabh Vajpayee, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Dhamtari.
Local residents alerted authorities about carcasses of 12 deer lying near a mine filled with water after rainfall in the area recently, he said.
He said the water might have been poisoned by some people and autopsy being conducted on the carcasses would provide more details on the cause of death.
According to police and forest officials, the murum mine is operated by a contractor of Mohlai village.
Officials said the area where the incident happened has been cordoned off to find out if more animals have fallen ill after consuming water from the mine
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: Australia Edge India 4-3
- Reebok Zig Kinetica Review: When Inspiration From The Past Makes it All Worthwhile
- Stepson Mahesh Babu Unveils Statue of Telugu Actress Vijaya Nirmala on Her Birth Anniversary
- PUMA x FIRST MILE: Puma Have a New Sportswear Collection Made From Recycled Plastic
- Icons on Your Windows 10 PC Are Set to Get Their First Big Makeover in Years