12 Illegal Bangladeshi Immigrants Arrested While Crossing Over to India
A BSF patrol party intercepted and arrested eight female and four male Bangladeshi nationals along with an infant in two different incidents from Bithari, Hakipur and Dobolia area of North 24 Parganas district on Friday night.
Representative Image (Reuters Photo)
Kolkata: Twelve illegal Bangladeshi immigrants have been arrested from Bithari and Hakipur area of the Indo-Bangla border, while trying to crossover to India, BSF officials said.
A BSF patrol party intercepted and arrested eight female and four male Bangladeshi nationals along with an infant in two different incidents from Bithari, Hakipur and Dobolia area of North 24 Parganas district on Friday night, a BSF statement said.
"During preliminary questioning, these Bangladeshi illegal intruders revealed that they came into India with the help of Bangladeshi touts," the statement, issued on Saturday, said.
The arrested persons have been handed over to respective police stations for further legal action, it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- My Comment on Saif Ali Khan has been Misinterpreted, Says Kangana Ranaut
- Shehnaaz-Rashami Compete with Sidharth-Asim on Bigg Boss, Richa Sharma Shares Pics of Kapil Sharma's Baby
- Your Next Android Phone May Use ISRO NavIC Navigation: Everything You Need to Know
- Street Dancer 3D Box Office Prediction: Remo D'Souza's Dance Film Might Wash Off Varun Dhawan's Kalank
- WhatsApp Dark Mode is Now Rolling Out: Here is How to Make it Work For You