12 Illegal Bangladeshi Immigrants Arrested While Crossing Over to India
A BSF patrol party intercepted and arrested eight female and four male Bangladeshi nationals along with an infant in two different incidents from Bithari, Hakipur and Dobolia area of North 24 Parganas district on Friday night.
Representative Image (Reuters Photo)
Kolkata: Twelve illegal Bangladeshi immigrants have been arrested from Bithari and Hakipur area of the Indo-Bangla border, while trying to crossover to India, BSF officials said.
A BSF patrol party intercepted and arrested eight female and four male Bangladeshi nationals along with an infant in two different incidents from Bithari, Hakipur and Dobolia area of North 24 Parganas district on Friday night, a BSF statement said.
"During preliminary questioning, these Bangladeshi illegal intruders revealed that they came into India with the help of Bangladeshi touts," the statement, issued on Saturday, said.
The arrested persons have been handed over to respective police stations for further legal action, it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Jay Bhanushali Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Mahhi Vij, Shares Her First Glimpse With Fans
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Redmi Note 8 Pro With 64-Megapixel Quad Camera to Launch on August 29