12 Students Commit Suicide Hours After MP Board Results
Barely hours after results to Class 10 and Class 12 examinations were announced in Madhya Pradesh on Friday, at least 12 students, including two siblings, committed suicide.
Image for representation only
Bhopal: Barely hours after results to Class 10 and Class 12 examinations were announced in Madhya Pradesh on Friday, at least 12 students, including two siblings, committed suicide.
Ten of the students were in Class 12.
In Satna district, 18-year-old Rashmi and her 15-year-old brother Deependra ended their lives after learning that they had failed in Class 12 and Class 10, respectively.
A girl in Jabalpur jumped in front of a train after faring poorly in Class 12.
Helpline numbers of the Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education were flooded with calls from stressed students soon after the results were announced. The helpline numbers are 1800-233-0175, 0755-257048 / 2570258, 9424495482, 9424495483, 9584009891, 8109980829 and 97533821173.
Around 72% of girls cleared Class 12 exams against 64.16% boys. Overall pass percentage was 67.87 percent.
In Class 10 examination, 51.43% of girls passed against 48.53% boys. Overall pass percentage was 49.86.
Recommended For You
- Real Madrid and Liverpool’s Battle for Attacking Supremacy Takes Centre-Stage
- Another Bachelor Off The Market: Hugh Grant Finally Ties The Knot With Swedish Producer
- Tomic Sets-up All-Australian Roland Garros Clash With Kyrgios
- Ford EcoSport S First Drive Review: The EcoBoost is Back in Black
- Argentine Nicolas Kicker Faces Lifetime Ban for Match-fixing