12-Year-Old Dalit Boy Beaten to Death for Bursting Balloon in UP Temple
The boy, who was attacked by five minors, complained of severe stomach ache the same night and later passed away at the district hospital.
Representative image (News18 Creatives)
A 12-year-old boy was allegedly beaten to death by five boys in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh district for bursting a balloon decorated at a temple on the occasion of Janmashtami.
The deceased’s friend, who was present on the spot during the attack, said the boys mercilessly thrashed the 12-year-old in Nadroi village when a balloon he had touched burst, the Times of India reported.
He said he rushed to inform his friend’s mother about the incident, who ran to the temple to find her son lying on the ground. At 2.30 the same night, the victim started complaining about a severe stomach ache and his mother took him to a local clinic. However, when he did not get any relief, he was referred to the district hospital where he passed away.
A case has been registered against the five minors under section 304 of the Indian Penal Code.
The 12-year-old’s mother is a labourer by profession and her husband had passed away eight years ago. The victim was the youngest of the four siblings, three brothers and one sister.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- 'No Way Out': Elon Musk Thinks Earth Will Ultimately Perish When a Huge Asteroid Strikes Us
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map