12-year-old Girl in Nagpur Hangs Self After Watching Suicide Videos Online
Shikha Rathod, a resident of Hansapuri area here, had seen some suicide-related YouTube videos on her father's mobile phone, police said.
Nagpur: A 12-year-old girl allegedly hanged herself here in Maharashtra after apparently watching suicide videos on YouTube, a police official said on Sunday.
Shikha Rathod, a resident of Hansapuri area here, had seen some suicide-related YouTube videos on her father's mobile phone, he said.
She had also told about those videos to her mother, who never thought that the girl would end her life, he said.
Around 4 pm on Saturday, the girl allegedly hanged herself from a ceiling fan by using an elastic rope at her home, the official said.
Her younger sister saw her hanging and immediately informed their mother.
The girl was rushed to a government hospital where she died while undergoing treatment, the official said.
The reason behind the extreme step was yet to be ascertained, he said, adding that an accidental death report was registered.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge