1-MIN READ

12-year-old student electrocuted in school premises

12-year-old student electrocuted in school premises

A 12-year-old student was electrocuted in the premises of a government school at Nawada in Bihar's Bhojpur district, police sources said.

Share this:

A 12-year-old student was electrocuted in the premises of a government school at Nawada in Bihar's Bhojpur district, police sources said.

Police said the student was taking a stroll in the residential Ambedkar Vidyalaya when he accidently came in contact with live wire. He died on way to the hospital, the police said.

The boy was a class VIII student of the boarding school for dalit children.

His death sparked off protests by fellow students and local people, who blocked the road near Maula Bagh Chowk demanding action against the school principal and local authorities for poor maintenance of the electric lines, besides compensation to the bereaved family.

The protesters also threw stones on vehicles of local officials.

Next Story
Loading