15 Injured as Major Fire Breaks Out at Haldia Petrochemical Limited in West Bengal
The fire broke out at 11.15 am on Friday injuring 15 people at the naphtha cracker unit of the Haldia Petrochemicals Limited. The injured have been rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment.
representative image (reuters)
Haldia: A major fire broke out at the naphtha cracker unit of the Haldia Petrochemicals Limited in West Bengal on Friday injuring 15 people, a senior police officer said.
The blaze that broke out at 11.15 am, was yet to be brought under control, Purba Medinipur Superintendent of Police V Solomon Nesakumar said.
The injured have been rushed to a nearby hospital, he said. The condition of three of the injured is "very serious", while the rest have suffered "moderate burns" the SP said.
Some of the injured were being brought to Kolkata for treatment, he said.
The police officer could not say whether workers are trapped inside the unit. District Magistrate Partha Ghosh said, "I am not aware of the incident. I am busy with other things."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When