15 Men in MP Booked For Sedition After Pro-Pak Slogans' During Cricket Final
Police in Madhya Pradesh have arrested 15 men under charges of sedition following a complaint that they raised pro-Pakistan slogans during the final of ICC Champions Trophy.
Image for representation (AP Photo)
Burhanpur: Police in Madhya Pradesh have arrested 15 men under charges of sedition following a complaint that they raised pro-Pakistan slogans during the final of ICC Champions Trophy.
The incident was reported from Mohad village, around 350km from state capital Bhopal, on Sunday evening during a live telecast of the final match between India and Pakistan.
Police said they received a complaint that some people started cheering and bursting firecrackers after India lost the third wicket, which was followed by pro-Pakistan slogans after Virat Kohli & Co finally lost the game by 180 runs. The complaint was filed at the Shahpur police station by a local resident, Subhash Koli.
“We have arrested 15 men under section 124A (sedition) and 120 B (criminal conspiracy),” the sub-inspector at Shahpur station, RA Yadav, told News 18 over phone.
Police said there is tension in the village after the accused celebrated Pakistan’s win and that personnel have been deployed them for maintaining law and order.
Families of the arrested men could not be contacted for their reaction.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked