15 Minor Girls Rescued From Home After Alleged Sexual Abuse in Tamil Nadu
District Collector KS Kandasamy visited the home last night and sealed the premises, after some of the inmates informed authorities about the alleged sexual abuse.
Illustration by Mir Suhail/News18.com
Tiruvannamalai(TN): As many as 15 minor girls have been rescued from a home in this district following complaints of sexual abuse against their in-charge, who has since been arrested under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
According to police, officials led by the District Collector KS Kandasamy visited the home last night and sealed the premises, after the issue came to light when some of the inmates informed authorities about the alleged sexual abuse by the accused during a recent safety campaign.
The home in-charge reportedly made them watch pornographic content before abusing them.
The issue came to light during a recent campaign undertaken by the authorities to ensure the safety of inmates in such homes in the district, where some of the girls revealed the alleged sexual abuse in writing.
The rescued children have since been shifted to a government facility and further probe was on in the case, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master