16-year-old Boy Drowns in Nullah in Rain-hit Madhya Pradesh
The drowning incident took place in a village under the Berasia police station area of Bhopal district. The body of the 16-year-old boy was recovered from the nullah at Imaliyanarand village.
Bhopal: A teenage boy on Thursday drowned in a swollen nullah near here in Madhya Pradesh, which is being lashed by rains for the last couple for days, said an official.
The drowning incident took place in a village under the Berasia police station area of Bhopal district. The body of the 16-year-old boy was recovered from the nullah at Imaliyanarand village, some 40 km from district headquarters, Berasia police inspector S N Pandey told PTI.
The deceased has been identified as Sumit Mana, he said, adding why he went to the water body is being investigated.
It is possible he slipped and fell into the nullah or met with watery grave while crossing it, Pandey said.
"We have registered a case and investigating the matter, he added.
The state capital and most parts of the state are receiving showers for the last couple of days.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected