16-year-old UP Girl Who was Raped and Set Ablaze by Neighbour Succumbs to Injuries
The girl, who was battling for life in Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi since the past nine days, died on Saturday morning.
Sambhal: The 16-year-old girl who was allegedly raped and set ablaze by her neighbour in a township area here last week succumbed to serious burns in a Delhi hospital on Saturday, police said.
The girl, who was battling for life in the Safdarjung hospital in Delhi since the past nine days, died this morning, SP Yamuna Prasad said.
On November 21, the girl was alone at her house in the township in Nakhasa police station area when her neighbour, Zeeshan, allegedly raped her, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Alok Jaiswal had said.
He later poured kerosene and set her ablaze, the ASP said, adding she was rushed to the district hospital from where she was referred to Delhi. The accused was arrested.
The National Security Act (NSA) is being invoked against the culprit and the case will be taken up in the fast track court, the SP Prasad said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sara Ali Khan Almost Trips Dancing to Dheeme Dheeme, Kartik Aaryan Comes to Rescue
- Drag Shows, Books and Films: India's Queer Community Comes Together for First Rainbow Lit Fest
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway
- Reporter Catches Her Ex Cheating through an 'Unusual' Fitbit Activity at 4 AM