17 Flights Diverted, Operations Suspended for Little over 10 Minutes as Heavy Rains Lash Delhi
In a tweet, Air India said it has diverted at least two flights to Jaipur, and few others have been held up at the Delhi airport due to 'heavy rains and consequent congestion'.
Representational image. (Image source: Reuters)
New Delhi: Operations at Delhi airport on Thursday were suspended for a brief period and 17 flights were diverted as heavy rains lashed the national capital, according to an official.
Air India and Vistara are among the carriers whose flights have been impacted. The official said operations were suspended for little over 10 minutes late in the evening and 17 flights were diverted in the wake of bad weather.
In a tweet, Air India said it has diverted at least two flights to Jaipur, and few others have been held up at the Delhi airport due to "heavy rains and consequent congestion". Five flights of Vistara have been diverted to Ahmedabad and one to Amristar due to bad weather in Delhi, according to a tweet.
The national capital, where the temperature is getting colder, received heavy rains late in the evening.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OMG! Why is This Actor Holding Captain America's Vibranium Shield?
- Saif Ali Khan Opens up on Divorce with Amrita Singh and Its Impact on Sara, Ibrahim
- The Curious Case of BJP's Tajinder Singh Bagga, Twitter 'Troll' Who Could be Future Neta
- Amazon is Now Selling Pro and Anti-CAA T-Shirts With a Not-So-Subtle Message
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it