17-year-old Boy Shot at for Eating Eggs Outside Jewellery Shop in Delhi
The boy, Manish, was eating eggs with his friends in front of the shop which is owned by one Umesh Verma. The shop owner objected to the Manish and others eating eggs and later called some persons who shot the boy.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 17-year-old boy was shot at for allegedly eating eggs with his friends in front of a jewellery shop in northeast Delhi's Jyoti Nagar area, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Friday, they said.
The boy, Manish, was eating eggs with his friends in front of the shop which is owned by one Umesh Verma. The shop owner objected to the Manish and others eating eggs and later called some persons who shot the boy, Deputy Commissioner of Police (northeast) Atul Kumar Thakur said.
Manish was admitted to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital with one entry and exit wound in his chest, he said.
His condition is stated to be stable now, he added.
A case was registered and Verma was arrested. Further investigation is underway, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal