17-year-old Girl Hangs Self in Delhi After Failing Class 12 Exams For the Third Time
After finding out that she had failed her exam yet again, the teen girl returned home, had a meal with her parents and later hung herself from a fan in her room.
New Delhi: A day after the CBSE announced Class 12 board exam results, a 17-year-old girl, who failed her Class XII exam for the third year in a row, allegedly committed suicide in the national capital on Friday.
After finding out that she had failed her exam yet again, the teen girl returned home, had a meal with her parents and later hung herself from a fan in her room in North East Delhi, said police.
“We don’t know for sure what had actually happened with regard to the exams. We only know that when she came out of the CBSE office, she told my wife that her paper was cancelled. It is possible that she had failed again and was afraid to tell us the truth. We don’t really know,” the girl’s father was quoted as saying by Indian Express.
The girl had reportedly failed in her Class XII boards in 2017 and got a compartment in 2018. She had dropped out of school last year and gave her compartment exam again this year.
The girl’s father told Indian Express that she was struggling with English. “To help her pass, I had enrolled her in English tuition classes for all of last year when she was out of school,” he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right